Tuesday 26 January 2016

Feeling The Pressure | When Things Get Tough Don't Give Up

Feeling The Pressure | When Things Get Tough Don't Give Up


There are days where I may struggle with my daily life. Things get too busy, hectic and jam-packed with all the different things I am currently balancing in my life, and this got me thinking: what makes me feel this way?
We can create amazing things when we keep
on going (photograph property of me Caris)

I am someone who has a lot of anxiety in life and stress can trigger it and even make it worse. I may not appear to be affected in this way by stress and stress-related anxiety towards others, but to the extent where my anxiety can affect my mood cannot be good. It can decrease my level of motivation to complete work, cause me lack of sleep and loss of appetite, and as capable as I'd like to think I am at managing stress related anxiety, sometimes it feels like the odds are against you. 
      My A-Levels for instance are causing me a lot of stress. I feel like no matter how hard I am trying, I just can't manage to maintain the 'correct' standard. Speaking to another individual the same age as me who's also turned eighteen and also did a college course before A-levels and who has a part-time job that demands a lot of free time; they told me they too feel the same. It feels like I'm running a never ending treadmill where eventually it gets too much and I fall: I fall down, I get up again, I try harder, I fall again. But I just have to keep trying and then, I get somewhere. I pass that test with 'flying colours', I managed to keep my cool when I am one to panic under pressure. I have to keep trying, keep prioritising everything I do. And I realise, 'actually I can do this' and I surprise myself with what I can do when I keep pushing, because at the end of the day, we are our individual selves and we set our own expectations of ourselves, not setting the expectations that others have for us. 

Keep running those extra minutes, keep pacing yourself, keep going to your best ability and if you stumble, you have the ability to pick yourself up, brush yourself down and keep on going. There may be moments of anger, stress, anxiety, frustration and just feeling like giving up, but we're only human and feel emotions, even ones that we really would rather bury in a box and never recover (for me anxiety is one)
And this is how I think when things get tough, be it education, family, work, a hobby, stress, anxiety, expectations, anything: we have the ability to fuel ourselves and achieve things we never expected.
Everyone has had their own experiences, and everyone is their own individual self, meaning that we all experience things differently, but we are all human.

Thankyou for reading,

Yours truly,
Caris 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment